Monday, January 21, 2013

Fashion Week Spring RTW and Pre-Fall 2013

I've just got done looking at all the Spring RTW 2013 and Pre-Fall 2013 lines from my favorite designers. I know, I'm behind on this, but I've been busy getting engaged and stuff. I just want to say, I love where fashion is going. My favorite collection for Spring is by Marchesa. My favorite Pre-Fall collection is Chanel.

Marchesa's spring collection is pretty great. First off, they have beautiful tunics. I love tunics. They're super flattering and the length is just great. 

Georgina Chapman and Karen Craig are also very good with neutrals and colors. I loved that this collection went from neutrals to bright colors to deep, rich colors. The greatest thing about all these colors is that the pieces still look like they all belong in the same collection. With a lot of collections, using such a wide range of colors makes the pieces look disconnected and unprofessional as a whole collection. Not so with this collection!

Lastly, the draping is beautiful, as always. One thing that I have admired in many of Marchesa's collections is their master draping. What I love about this collection is the draping with different weights of fabric and the layering of drapes. 







The Chanel Pre-fall collection is by far my favorite collection this year. Why, do you ask? Because of the inspiration for it. It is very unique. The interesting thing about it is that I don't think I would wear any of the clothes in it. Besides the outerwear. There's some pretty great outerwear in the collection. 

I also love the collars. The cool thing about the collars is that they're collars that people would look at in history and go "no one would ever wear those again" but they're actually really cool. I could see people wearing most of these collars. 

Mostly, I love this collection because of the fine line between costume and fashion that it balances on. The inspiration for this line is clearly quite old. But it is surprisingly modern. Add a pair of heels and a nice, modern hair-do and you're good to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment